70cl | 40% ABV
We told you we were Essex SPIRITS Co! So give a big 'welcome to the family'... our first rum!
'Locally Spiced Rum' is our take on the ever popular category of spiced rums - using of course our local, quality & sustainable twist on things.
So, how have we taken rum & added our twist on 'spicing' things up?
- We take an overproof blend of Caribbean white rums (we've used white rum rather than aged as it allows us to have a blank canvas to work with in order to add flavours).
- We then use only natural ingredients in order to flavour & spice the rum - absolutely NO artificial colours of flavourings are used.
- We take our rum base & then 'sous-vide' the spices to ensure a consistent infusion & the optimum amount of flavour to be taken from each ingredient.
- Our spice line up consists of: Cacao nibs, cinnamon, vanilla & most excitingly LOCALLY GROWN SAFFRON!
- Finally, we gently & naturally sweeten the rum with a rich honey from local & sustainable bee keepers! (Our honey is currently from the 'Old Parish Honey', Good Easter).
As always, all of our products are mixed with a pinch of local sea salt plus naturally filtered & perfectly preserved Essex spring water from our friends at Elsenham spring water (www.elsenhamwater.com) this gives all of our products a delicious minerality & full mouth feel.
**Please be aware when ordering that the recipient of any package must be over the age of 18. ID may be requested upon delivery.