70cl | 40% ABV
Our eco-friendly refill pouches are designed to make us as sustainable as we can possibly be so, if you already have a bottle of Essex Citrus Dry Gin, maybe you have a beautiful decanter or even just a great bottle you got from elsewhere that's big enough. Help us help the world by ordering your refill pouch, filling a bottle and either keeping hold of it for us to pick up on our next delivery to you or sending the pouch back to be reused by dropping it into our 'Click & Collect' partner the Chelmsford Brew Co on Fridays between 3pm & 6pm.
Essex Citrus Dry Gin is a take on the classic ‘London Dry’ Gin style, it is different in name but only slightly different in style due to our ‘high tech’ production methods.
What you will find is a very traditional style of gin, slightly refined with uplifted flavours from our distilling methods:
- As with any great gin, juniper leads from the front, the juniper is soaked in alcohol for 48 hours (macerated if you’re fancy) to extract the maximum amount of flavour.
- Following closely behind are the flavoursome citrus accompaniments of Lemon, Lime & Grapefruit (we use the fresh zest of limes and grapefruits to get the most taste from the essential oils in the surface, then we use freeze dried lemon peel as this locks in a huge amount of flavour whilst being very consistent for every batch made).
- To add balance, depth and warmth we use a small amount of cinnamon & nutmeg.
- To round the gin off we use the traditional botanicals of coriander seed and orris root. These are found in any great gin, they help to bridge flavours and fix aromas making the gin a more rounded & generally delicious product.
- Finally, we use a few leaves from our grandmother's bay leaf tree in her back garden. We wanted to keep it truly local, and let’s face it, bay leaf is packed full of delicious flavour!
**Please be aware when ordering that the recipient of any package must be over the age of 18. ID may be requested upon delivery.
DO YOU LIVE IN CHELMSFORD?
Why not select Click and Collect during the checkout?
We're at the Chelmsford Brew Co. shop (Great Baddow, CM2 7LE) every Friday between 3pm & 6pm so you can collect your pouch from us while you're already out and about.