70cl | 40% ABV
Our first born.... updated !
Essex Citrus Dry Gin is a take on the classic ‘London Dry’ Gin style, it is different in name but only slightly different in style due to our ‘high tech’ production methods.
What you will find in the bottle is a very traditional style of gin, slightly refined with uplifted flavours from our distilling methods:
- As with any great gin, juniper leads from the front, the juniper is soaked in alcohol for 48 hours (macerated if you’re fancy) to extract the maximum amount of flavour.
- Following closely behind are the flavoursome citrus accompaniments of Lime & Grapefruit (we use the fresh zest of limes and grapefruits to get the most taste from the essential oils in the surface of the fruit).
- To add balance, depth and warmth we use a small amount of cinnamon & nutmeg.
- To round the gin off we use the traditional botanicals of coriander seed and orris root. These are found in any great gin, they help to bridge flavours and fix aromas making the gin a more rounded & generally delicious product.
- Finally, we use a herb called 'lemon verbena' & a few leaves from our grandmother's bay leaf tree in her back garden to give the gin a herbaceous balance. We wanted to keep it truly local, and let’s face it, bay leaf is packed full of delicious flavour!
Lastly, after distillation, all of our products are mixed with a pinch of local seal salt plus naturally filtered & perfectly preserved Essex spring water from our friends at Elsenham spring water (www.elsenhamwater.com) this gives all of our products a delicious minerality & full mouth feel.
*PLEASE NOTE: all of our bottles are hand numbered, if there's a particular number you want from batch 6 then please include it in your notes & if it's available we will be happy to assist!
**Please be aware when ordering that the recipient of any package must be over the age of 18. ID may be requested upon delivery.
DO YOU LIVE IN CHELMSFORD?
Why not select Click and Collect during the checkout?
We're at the Chelmsford Brew Co. shop (Great Baddow, CM2 7LE) every Friday between 3pm & 6pm so you can collect your bottle from us while you're already out and about.