70cl | 40% ABV
The taste of real rhubarb!
Essex Rhubarb & Vanilla is a true representation of one of the most iconic British flavours! Rather than using flavourings & pink colouring we decided to use only local, fresh & seasonal rhubarb - that gives this gin a sharp rhubarb tang & it's distinctive yellow hue.
What you will find in the bottle is still very much a 40% ABV gin (not a liqueur!) bursting with rhubarb juice & rounded off with sweet vanilla notes:
- As with any great gin, juniper leads from the front, here it is supported by orange peel, angelica, coriander, cinnamon, nutmeg & orris root.
- We take our botanical distillates & then cut them to bottling strength with pure, local, rhubarb juice rather than water (the rhubarb juice is from Manningtree, just north of Colchester).
- To add balance to the sharp rhubarb juice we add a small amount of golden syrup (which is made with a waste product of the sugar making process).
- We then add pure & natural madagascan bourbon vanilla to give this gin the iconic taste of Rhubarb & Vanilla.
- Finally, before bottling, we do a secondary infusion with locally grown rhubarb (done by painstakingly hand peeling rhubarb sticks) to really kick the Rhubarb up to 11!
Lastly, after mixing, all of our products are mixed with a pinch of local sea salt plus naturally filtered & perfectly preserved Essex spring water from our friends at Elsenham spring water (www.elsenhamwater.com) this gives all of our products a delicious minerality & full mouth feel.
**Please be aware when ordering that the recipient of any package must be over the age of 18. ID may be requested upon delivery.